Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company


100 full-time employees, including the Giacomini family; Kuba Hemmerling is the VP of Operations, leading our cheese making team and managing two creameries


720 acres in Point Reyes, about 50 miles to San Francisco


PRFC is owned and operated by the Giacominis, a third-generation ranching family. The family began cheese production in August of 2000, with their flagship farmstead cheese, Original Blue. Their 65-year-old farm is home to 450 milking Holsteins. About 25% of the cow’s feed is grown on the farm, and the other 75% is sourced from California farms. The Fork, their culinary event and education center, offers farm tours, tastings, and farm dinners and brunches. Operating on MALT protected land, and as a Leopold Conservation Award recipient, PRFCC prides itself in sustainability, humane practices, and being WBENC Certified Women-Owned.


Kosher; 100% of the land is certified organic, but their products are not certified.