Welcome to the New Foodwise Website
September 1, 2022
At last! We have a fresh new website to match the new brand identity we unveiled last spring, when CUESA became Foodwise. We have a new name, a new look, and a new URL, but rest assured: you’ll find all the resources you know and love here—and more.
We hope you’ll take a look around and make yourself at home. Our new website is a robust resource for learning about what’s in season at the farmers market and what to do with it, meeting the people who grow and make your food, and finding ways to engage in your local food community. Dive in and explore these new and revamped features:
- Enjoy a fresh new look, with a streamlined interface, large easy-to-ready type, and beautiful images. The mobile-responsive design quickly adapts for optimal viewing on your smartphone, tablet, or desktop.
- Learn About our mission, history, and impact, and meet our team.
- Explore our comprehensive Markets hub to find in-depth information about all 120+ of our sellers, food access resources, and market services.
- Participate in our Programs. These pages have been redesigned to make it easy to get info and sign up for programs like Foodwise Kids and Foodwise Teens, access online video resources and past talks, and more.
- Head over to our Events calendar for upcoming cooking demos and other Foodwise happenings.
- Eat seasonally using dynamic our seasonality charts, where you can search by food types as well as by month or seasons. Click on fruits, vegetables, and other foods to find descriptions, lists of sellers who grow them, recipes, and more.
- Dig into the Learn section to find stories about local farmers and food change makers, a sustainable food glossary, teaching resources, and other ways to deepen your knowledge about the food system.
- Discover ways to Support Foodwise, get involved in your local community, and take part in a fair, regenerative, and delicious food future for all.
Foodwise is committed to centering equity and inclusion in our farmers markets and education programs and across all aspects of our organization. In redesigning this website, we’ve improved digital accessibility and usability for people with disabilities. You can learn more about accessibility here.
Note that our old URL (cuesa.org) will redirect to foodwise.org. Please bear with us as we are updating links, working out kinks, and refreshing content. This website is a work in progress, and we look forward to adding more useful features down the road.
In the meantime, please help us make this website the best it can be! You can send your feedback about bugs or broken links to email@example.com.
Whether you want to learn more about that farmer you met, join us at a cooking demo, or discover new uses for carrot tops, we hope you’ll come back to this website often. Thank you for visiting and participating in your local food community!
The prior incarnation of this website, cuesa.org, came online in late 2002, just as the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market and CUESA made their return to the Ferry Building. Twenty years later, it remains a trusted go-to resource for our Bay Area community and for farmers market visitors, home cooks, sustainable food advocates, chefs, and educators near and far.
In bringing foodwise.org to life, we want to extend our heartfelt gratitude to our website developer Kalamuna for their creativity, stewardship, and care for this online legacy, rooted in a shared passion for education, access, and community. In particular, we want to thank Andrew Mallis, Sean Lehane, Crispin Bailey, Michelle Balge, Daniel Schutzsmith, Kristina Ung, Valerie Genzano, and Lily Berman.
We also want to thank the team at Office for creating the warm, welcoming, and joyful visual brand identity for Foodwise to match the vibrancy of our farmers markets and community.
With thousands of articles and recipes, this website is a communal labor of love, co-created by our team and countless contributors and volunteers united in the belief that everyone has food wisdom to share. We’re grateful to everyone who has made this website the hub for learning, sharing, inspiration, connection, and action that it is. Thank you!