Pop-Ups on the Plaza: Harvest Festival
Saturday, October 29, 2022, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Celebrate the harvest season with a day of fall festivities, family fun, and delicious food from local Black-owned food businesses at the Embarcadero Ferry Terminal Plaza (south of the Ferry Building) and Ferry Plaza Farmers Market. Entry is free and open to the public, and food and drinks will be available for purchase. Halloween costumes are encouraged!
Pop-Ups on the Plaza is a new series of family-friendly seasonal events highlighting Bay Area Black-owned food businesses. Pop-Ups on the Plaza is a Port sponsored event brought to you by Foodwise, The San Francisco Human Rights Commission’s Dream Keeper Initiative, and the Ferry Building, in partnership with En2action/Ujamaa Kitchen, Fillmore Merchants and Neighborhood Collaborative, La Cocina, Mandela Partners, and SF Black Wallstreet.
Participating Pop-Up Vendors
- A Girl Named Pinky: Cakes, Cupcakes, Cake Pops, Cookies Tarts
- Baby Bean Pie: Original Bean Pies, Vegan Bean Pies, Creamcakes (a classic cheesecake topped with bean pie custard), Carrot Pies (New), Ginger Spice Cookies (GF), Coco Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Get tha Fork Outta Here BBQ: Ribs, Links, Chicken, Tri-tip, Vegan Cole Slaw, Potato Salad
- Gourmonade: Gourmet Lemonade
- Melan-AID: Organic and Seasonal Bottled Juices and Elixirs
- On the Ground Catering: BBQ Ribs, Hot Links & Chicken
- Peaches Patties: Jamaican Patties: Beef Patty Curry Chicken Patty Rustic Mushroom Patty Impossible Beef Patty Spinach Patty; Jamaican Holiday Meals: Jerk Turkey, Pumpkin Rice, Plantain Oxtails, Pumpkin Rice, Plantain
- Rome’s Kitchen: BBQ, Oysters, Wings, Fried Fish, Italian Soul Food
- Tha M’fn Vegan: Vegan BBQ Side Show Sliders, Big Papa Nachos, Tha Town Salad
- Wanda’s Cooking: Pepper Chowchow, Black Eye Pea Hummus, Bissap Drink
Harvest Festival Activities
Join us in the Ferry Terminal Plaza (adjacent to the Ferry Building) for fun family activities and music:
- Bring the family to our Foodwise Kids craft table where we will provide seasonal coloring pages and stencils to make seasonally-themed mosaics out of beans
- Family-friendly lawn games at the Ferry Building tent
Visit the Foodwise Classroom in front of the Ferry Building for a free cooking demos:
- Market to Table Demo: Tina Stevens, A Girl Named Pinky (10:30 am): Learn how to make and decorate carrot cupcakes for the holiday.
- Market to Table Demo: Olivia Mecalco, Mi Comedor (12:00 pm): Learn how to make tamales for Día de los Muertos.
Celebrate Harvest Festival All Weekend Long
Pop-Ups on the Plaza is part of a weekend-long harvest season celebration taking place at the Ferry Building Friday, October 28, through Sunday October, 30. For a full lineup of activities, visit the Ferry Building Marketplace’s calendar of events.