The entire Foodwise team wishes to express our deepest gratitude to all of you for doing your part as we have weathered the many changes and realities of COVID-19 in our communities. Foodwise continues to adhere to the policies and recommendations of the San Francisco Department of Public Health, California Department of Public Health, and the Centers for Disease Control. We’ll continue to update our guidelines on this page and communicate them to sellers and shoppers in our farmers markets accordingly.
Guidelines for Foodwise Farmers Markets
Please keep the following guidelines in mind as you are shopping at Foodwise farmers markets.
- As of June 15, 2021, shoppers are no longer required to wear masks or face coverings in Foodwise farmers markets. Market sellers and their staff and Foodwise employees and volunteers are not required to wear masks while working outdoors, regardless of their vaccination status. Masks are recommended for unvaccinated, partially vaccinated, and high-risk or immunocompromised shoppers and sellers, for their own health and safety and the safety of our community.
- No one will be denied entry to the farmers market on the basis of their vaccination status or face covering. Mask wearing is on the honor system, and Foodwise does not check vaccination status. We respect everyone’s personal choice to continue to wear masks at their discretion.
- Physical distancing is no longer required at individual farmers market seller stands. We ask that you be mindful of your own comfort level and respectful of others while shopping in the market.
- Self-service product handling by shoppers is at the discretion of individual farmers market sellers. Sellers may opt to continue to control all, or some, of the items for sale at their booths and not allow any self-service.
- Product sampling is allowed on a controlled basis, with full service by the seller. Self-service product sampling by shoppers is not allowed. Sellers must follow Foodwise Product Sampling Protocols, which comply with San Francisco Department of Public Health and the California Retail Food Facility Law guidelines.
Please note that Foodwise operates the outdoor Ferry Plaza Farmers Market only. For public health updates for shopping inside the Ferry Building Marketplace, please visit the Ferry Building website.
Please visit the Foodwise Info Booth or contact us at email@example.com if you have questions. Thank you for keeping farmers markets safe and welcoming spaces, supporting our local farms and food businesses, and contributing to a resilient and sustainable local food system!