National Farmers Market Week
Sunday, August 4, 2019, 10:00 am - Saturday, August 10, 2019, 2:00 pm
Join CUESA in celebrating National Farmers Market Week, August 4-10! Savor summer’s bounty, support local farmers and food makers, and celebrate the many benefits that farmers markets bring to our communities.
Support Your Farmers Markets
During National Farmers Market Week, stop by the CUESA Info Booth at any of our markets to pick up a free “I ❤ Farmers Markets” temporary tattoo or to purchase a “I ❤ My Farmers Market” tote bag.
- Ferry Plaza Farmers Market in San Francisco on Saturdays (8 am to 2 pm) and Tuesdays and Thursdays (10 am to 2 pm)
- Mission Community Market in San Francisco on Thursdays (4 to 8 pm)
- Jack London Square Farmers Market in Oakland on Sundays (10 am to 3 pm)
Visit the CUESA tents for educational programming, such as seasonal cooking demos, tastings, kids’ activities, and more. Check out our calendar of events.
In addition to festivities at our weekly farmers markets, join us for these special events:
- Salt & Straw Ice Cream Pop-Ups at the Mission Community Market (Thursday, August 1) and the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market (Saturday, August 3) previewing new farmers market inspired menu
- 30th Anniversary of the Jack London Square Farmers Market (Sunday, August 4)
- Ripe: Summer Cocktails of the Farmers Market at the Ferry Building (Wednesday, August 7; ticketed)
- Market to Table Demo: Kim Alter of Nightbird, featuring Hodo at the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market (Saturday, August 10)
Spread the Word
There are currently more than 8,700 farmers markets in the United States, and California leads the country, with 760 markets throughout the state. By shopping at your local farmers market, you help stimulate local economies, preserve farmland and rural livelihoods, increase access to fresh food, and support healthy communities. Declare your love for farmers markets and share CUESA’s 10 Reasons to Support Farmers Markets with your friends and community.