Día de los Muertos and Halloween at Mission Community Market
Thursday, October 28, 2021, 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Celebrate Día de los Muertos and Halloween at Mission Community Market on Thursday, October 28. Stock up on fall produce, support local farms and food businesses, and join us in celebrating our Mission community. The market will be extra festive with family activities, live music, and more.
Family Activities (3:30-6:00 pm)
Dress up in costume and bring the whole family for these Halloween and Día de los Muertos themed activities:
- Kids can pick out a free Halloween pumpkin at our pumpkin patch (while supplies last), courtesy of Hale’s Apple Farm.
- Stop by the CUESA Kids’ Corner for coloring activities and a temporary tattoo station. Kids can take home a mini market tote including a make-your-own-monster kit, sugar skull decoration activity, honey sticks, and stickers (while supplies last).
- Enjoy live music with Manos Lindas (5-7 pm) at La Placita stage.
- Visit La Calavera Catrina, an icon of Día de los Muertos, courtesy of Casa Bonampak.
Support Local Businesses
Be sure to shop the market to pick up locally grown flowers and produce for your ofrenda and other fall goodies from your favorite Mission Community Market farmers and food businesses. Be sure to stop by Norte 54’s booth for calaveras, pan de muerto, and other baked treats!
The following guest vendors will be popping up for the day, in partnership with Mandela Partners and Oakland Bloom:
- Asukar: Palestinian-Cuban cuisine
- Prima’s Corner: Cuban vegan food
- M&D (Mother & Daughter): Food with a little kick of Hong Kong style
Mission Community Market
Mission Community Market takes place on Thursdays, 3 to 7 pm, on 22nd Street (between Mission and Valencia) and Bartlett Street in San Francisco’s Mission neighborhood. The market is accessible from the 24th Street BART station, as well as the 14, 49, and other MUNI lines. Find Bay Area transit information, maps, and schedules at transit.511.org.
CUESA farmers markets accept EBT (CalFresh/food stamps). Customers using EBT can double their dollars (up to $15 per market day) through the Market Match program, which offers free market coins redeemable only for fruits and vegetables.
Connect with us on Instagram at @missionmercado and share your market photos at #missionmercado.