Garlic-Lemon Fried Potatoes
Source: Lulu Yang, Lulu's Kitchen
1 pound small red potatoes
1 pound small Yukon potatoes
4 medium cloves of garlic, minced
2 stalks green garlic, diced
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup parsley, minced
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
Salt and pepper
- Cook the potatoes in salt water until al dente, remove and cool.
- Saute the regular garlic in ¼ cup olive oil until golden brown, taking care not to burn the garlic. Remove garlic from oil and drain on a paper towel.
- Saute the green garlic until just soft and fragrant; drain and set aside garlic-infused olive oil for grilling.
- Combine remaining ¼ cup of olive oil, garlic, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Cut the potatoes in half and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan with the garlic-infused olive oil until hot and place the potatoes, cut side down into the pan for 5 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl and toss with garlic-lemon mixture.
- Serve hot or at room temperature with lamb, chicken or pork.