Fuyu Persimmon Soup
Source: Armando Paniagua, Rose Pistola Cafe.
Recipe Type: Soups | Seasons: Autumn
5 pound Fuyu persimmons
1 medium white onion
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 ounces fresh grated ginger
4 ounces butter
Salt and black pepper
- Peel and quarter the persimmons. Dice the onion and mince the garlic.
- In a sauté pan, combine the persimmons, onion, garlic & olive oil.
- Saute the ingredients for about 5 minutes over medium heat, or until the onion and the garlic begin to brown.
- Add the ginger.
- Add water until everything is covered, and bring to a boil.
- Boil for about 5 minutes, or until the persimmons are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Purée everything, either in the pan, blender or food processor.
- Return the puree to the pan and warm, adding the butter until it is melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finish with extra virgin olive oil after serving.