Fava Beans and Strawberry Salad with Pecorino
Source: Chris Cosentino, Incanto Restaurant and Bar.
2 cups shelled fresh fava beans
2 cups strawberries cut in quarterss
Juice of 1 lemon
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Kosher or sea salt to taste
Coarse ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to boil, season with salt, blanch the shelled favas for about 1 minute then transfer to a seasoned ice bath so as not to over cook.
- Remove the skin and discard, place the favas in a mixing bowl, then set aside.
- Wash the strawberries, then remove the green tops, cut into quarters and add to the mixing bowl, Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Add the arugula, then dress with a splash of lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil, toss to incorporate all the ingredients then put on a platter or plate.
- Using a peeler, peel curls of pecorino on top and serve.