Chicken with Arugula, Artichokes and Natural Pan Juice
Source: Keith Hammerich, Culinary Arts Instructor, City College San Francisco.
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thinly, cut in half
¼ cup or 2 ounces Arugula, rinsed and dried
2 artichokes, cooked, cleaned (leaves and choke removed) and bottoms quartered
4 ounces or ½ cup fingerling potatoes, cooked and sliced
2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
¾ cup chicken stock, homemade or commercial
4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- Season chicken breasts with salt/pepper. Brown in medium sauté pan until the internal temperature registers 160 degrees, about 4-5 minutes. Set aside to keep warm.
- Add a small amount of oil to the pan and heat the potatoes, then the garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add the artichoke bottoms and the Arugula, cook for 1 minute, season with salt and pepper, divide onto two plates.
- Add chicken stock to the pan, lightly season and work in the whole butter to finish sauce.
- Place chicken on top of Arugula mixture, pour sauce over the chicken and serve.