Summer Jam at Jack London Square Farmers Market
Sunday, July 15, 2018, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Break out your broad-brimmed hats and dig out your best summer recipes for CUESA’s Summer Jam at the Jack London Square Farmers Market on Sunday, July 15. Savor the farmers market with a day of summer flavors, contests, crafts, and family-friendly fun!
CUESA is excited to collaborate with the Oakland African American Chamber of Commerce in celebration of Oakland businesses. As you shop the market, visit the OAACC pop-up businesses featured at Summer Jam, including Get Waisted Beads, P3 Inspirational Boutique, Positive Images photography + personal branding, and Free Range Flower Winery.
Summer Jam Activities
- Summer Tunes with DJ Ren the Vinyl Archaeologist, 10:30am-3:00 pm: Bring your dancing shoes and jam to your favorite summer sounds for all ages with DJ Ren the Vinyl Archeologist of Hip Hop for Change!
- Summer Preserves Contest Submissions, 10:00am-11:00am (sorry, no entries accepted after 11:00): Submit your seasonally inspired preserves at the CUESA preserves tent for a chance to win delicious prizes. Open to amateur cooks. $5 entry fee, payable on site. See details, rules and entry form >>
- StopWaste Education Station, 10:00am-3:00pm: Pick up a reusable spork and learn about preventing food waste with StopWaste.
- People’s Choice Preserves Judging, 11:00 am-1:00 pm (or until we run out): Taste the jams, chutneys and other creative preserves entered in the preserves contest and cast your vote for the best one! People’s Choice winner announced at 1:00.
- Cornhole Contest, 11:00 am-3:00 pm: Try your arm at a good old-fashioned cornhole contest. Open to kids and adults alike, join the fun to get your name on the leader board.
- Kids’ Crafts, 11:00 am-3:00 pm: Visit the CUESA craft tent to decorate a seasonal take-home tote bag!
- Biodiversity Food Shed, 11:00-3:00pm: Come learn about the biodiversity of the farmers market through interactive activities at the CUESA Food Shed!
- Vision our Food Futures, 11:00-3:00pm: Join CUESA in creating a colorful vision for the future of our food.
- Fun with the Oakland Athletics, 10:00am-3:00pm: Play games and win exciting prizes with the Oakland A’s!
- Preserves Making Demonstration with Becky Courchesne of Frog Hollow Farm, 12:00-12:45 pm: Stop by the CUESA Classroom for a cooking demo featuring the seasonal bounty of the Jack London Square Farmers Market featuring one of CUESA’s market sellers, Frog Hollow Farm.
- Preserves contest winners announced, 1:00 pm: Cheer on the contest participants and congratulate the winners at the CUESA Classroom!
The Jack London Square Farmers Market takes place in Jack London Square at Webster Street at Embarcadero West, in the plaza that contains Jack London’s Cabin (aka “Palm Plaza”).