Spring Harvest Celebration
Tuesday, May 15, 2018, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Enjoy a midday break at the Tuesday Ferry Plaza Farmers Market! Join CUESA and JCCSF to connect with local dairies and bakers in celebration of Shavuot, an ancient Jewish holiday honoring a shift in harvest seasons, which will be observed from May 20-21.
Spring Harvest Activities (10:00 am–2:00 pm)
- Letterpress on sprouting seed paper with Pickypockets Press
- Delectable samples from Marla Bakery & Stepladder Creamery
- Mini goat milk soap gifts (handcrafted by Lil Milkers Valley)
- Discover new recipes featuring local, seasonal and sustainable ingredients
- Prepare hygiene kits for people experiencing homelessness (to be distributed by Lava Mae)
Market Tours with JCCSF & CUESA (12:00–1:00 pm)
- Infused with Jewish wisdom and traditions, this tour is exclusively designed to learn more about and celebrate the Spring Harvest. Samples included! Tour is free. Advance registration encouraged.