Harvest Festival and Sukkot at the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market
Saturday, September 22, 2018, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Seasonal Celebration Ferry Plaza
Celebrate the first day of fall at the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market with seasonal crafts, cooking demos, and other fun all-ages activities presented by CUESA in partnership with JCCSF!
JCCSF Pop-Up Sukkot at the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm: You won’t want to miss this one-of-a-kind event featuring nature crafts and a special opportunity to learn about and perform the fall ritual of Sukkot. Join us for activities for all ages in the back plaza.
- Create apple and fall harvest community mandalas with Leslie Jonath, author of Foraged Art
- Build and decorate a community sukkah
- Explore Sukkot traditions and shake a lulav (date palm, willow, and myrtle branches) and etrog (citron fruit)
- Nature crafts
- Prepare hygiene kits for people experiencing homelessness (to be distributed by Lava Mae)
- Community picnic area
- Meet a grower and enjoy food samples
Market to Table Demo at the CUESA Classroom, 10:30 am: Evan Bloom, Wise Sons Jewish Delicatessen
All are welcome! All activities are free unless otherwise noted and take place at CUESA’s Ferry Plaza Farmers Market at the Ferry Building in San Francisco.