Hands-On Farmers Market Cocktail Class with El Tesoro Tequila
Saturday, June 23, 2018, 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Learn to make farm-fresh cocktails at the farmers market!
Join CUESA and El Tesoro® in the CUESA Kitchen, located in the bustling Ferry Plaza Farmers Market, at the peak of summer for a perfect afternoon of cocktail making and fun.
El Tesoro will be hosting a custom cocktail class led by Brand Ambassador Luis Navarro. Attendees will work with locally-grown produce to create a fruit puree incorporated into an El Tesoro Margarita and Paloma.
- Toast to the start of the class with a welcome pour of El Tesoro hand-crafted tequila and learn from an expert about this spirit’s rich history
- Taste and incorporate abundant produce (think ripe Apache apricots, juicy Seascape strawberries and luscious herbs) into your creation
- Learn how to make your own craft cocktails from start to finish
- Visit farmers market sellers for an inside look at how to select produce for a seasonal summer drink
- Snack on delicious, cocktail-friendly bites
What says summer better than a margarita, gathering with friends, and enjoying summer fruit? We look forward to seeing you there. But don’t delay in getting your tickets—these classes always sell out!
About El Tesoro
El Tesoro® is a truly unique, ultra-premium tequila that is double-distilled to proof. Created in the painstakingly traditional way, El Tesoro uses a Tahona wheel to crush the agave piñas before distillation at La Alteña Distillery, founded in 1937 by Don Felipe Camarena.
Since launching the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market 25 years ago, CUESA’s mission has been to bring farmers and urban dwellers of all ages together to create a world where fresh, sustainably grown food is at the center of everyone’s plate, and family farming is viable for generations to come. Proceeds from the class provide vital funds for CUESA’s education programs like Foodwise Kids and Schoolyard to Market, which empower the next generation of healthy eaters.