Día de los Muertos and Halloween at Mission Community Market
Thursday, October 27, 2022, 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Celebrate Día de los Muertos and Halloween at Mission Community Market on Thursday, October 27. Stock up on fall produce, support local farms and food businesses, and join us in celebrating our Mission community. The market will be extra festive with family activities, live music, and more.
- Contribute to our community ofrenda (offering). Bring photos and mementos to honor loved ones who have died, such as cards, favorite foods, flowers, or other items to add to the altar. We will also provide coloring sheets and paper if you would like to draw or write a memento to contribute.
- Bring the kids in costume for family activities such as Día de los Muertos coloring and temporary tattoos.
- Enjoy live music with Frances Ancheta (4-6pm) at the Little Mission Studio stage.
- Visit Calavera Catrina and pick up papel picado and other beautiful Mexican decorations from pop-up vendor Casa Bonampak, a fair trade importing company dedicated to the preservation of Latino culture and traditions.
- Support your favorite Mission Community Market sellers and pick up locally grown flowers, such as marigolds from Medrano’s Flowers, and ofrenda food items from food crafters such as Bolita (corn masa), Norte54 (pan dulce), and more.
Mission Community Market takes place on 22nd Street between Mission and Valencia. The market is accessible from the 24th Street BART station, as well as the 14, 49, and other MUNI lines. Find Bay Area transit information, maps, and schedules at transit.511.org.