CUESA's Summer Jam at Jack London Square Farmers Market
Sunday, July 9, 2017, 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Break out your broad-brimmed hats and dig out your best summer fruit recipes for CUESA’s Summer Jam at the Jack London Square Farmers Market on Sunday, July 9. Savor the farmers market with a day of summer flavors, contests, crafts, and family-friendly fun!
Summer Jam Activities
- Summer Preserves Contest Submissions, 9:30-10:30 am (no entries accepted after 10:30): Submit your seasonally inspired preserves at the CUESA Classroom for a chance to win delicious prizes. Open to amateur cooks. $5 entry fee, payable through Eventbrite link. See details, rules, and entry form »
- People’s Choice Preserve Judging, 11:00 am-1:00 pm (or until we run out): Stop by the CUESA Preserves Tent to taste our preserves entered for the main contest and cast your vote for the best one! People’s Choice Winner announced at 2:30.
- Watermelon Seed-Spitting Contest, 11:00 am-3:00 pm: Test your lung power in a good old-fashioned seed-spitting contest. Open to kids and adults alike, join the fun to get your name on the leader board.
- Kids’ Crafts, 11:00 am-3:00 pm: Visit the CUESA craft tent to decorate a seasonal take-home tote bag!
- Summer Cobblers, Crisps, and Crumbles Contest Submissions, 11:30 am-12:30 pm (no entries accepted after 12:30): Submit your seasonally inspired cobbler, crisp, or crumble at the CUESA Classroom for a chance to win delicious prizes. Open to amateur bakers. $5 entry fee, payable through Eventbrite link. See details, rules, and entry form »
- Cobbler samples, 11:00 am-1:00 pm (or until we run out): Cobblers, Crisps, and Crumbles on the brain? Come get a tasty plate for a small fee.
- Better Burger Challenge Cooking Demonstration, 12:00-12:45 pm: Join the Oakland Unified School District, Friends of the Earth, Oakland Unified School District, and Casa Rosa Farms at the CUESA Classroom tent to learn how to make Better Burgers: better for your health, animals, farmers, and the environment. Free samples for the first 50 people. Read more »
- Preserves and Cobbler contest winners announced, 2:30 pm: Cheer on the contest participants and congratulate the winners!
- Live music from Silver Bell Jazz Band.
All festivities take place at the Jack London Square Farmers Market, beginning at Broadway & Water Street. Check back for updates.