CUESA Mission Rock Farmers Market Pop-Up at The Yard: Preservation Celebration
Sunday, September 27, 2015, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Join CUESA, the organization behind the acclaimed Ferry Plaza Farmers Market, at The Yard at Mission Rock this fall! CUESA is excited to launch a series of farmers market pop-ups at The Yard, across from AT&T Park, in partnership with the San Francisco Giants and Bank of America.
Each Sunday pop-up will take place from 10 am to 2 pm, with approximately 15 to 20 local farms and food crafters and 5 restaurants. CUESA will also offer fun and educational activities for the whole family, such as cooking demonstrations by local chefs, seasonal produce tastings, and more.
See the full lineup of vendors for September 27 »
We’ll be highlighting the bounty of the local harvest and the holidays through themes such as “Preservation Celebration” (September 27), “Harvest Festival” (October 25), “Thanksgiving Market” (November 22), and “Holiday Hoedown” (December 20).
For our “Preservation Celebration” on September 27, we will feature the following demos and activities:
- 10:00 am – 2:00 pm: Stock up on DIY food preservation books, for sale by Omnivore Books.
- 10:30 am: “Can You Take the Heat?” Hot Sauce Tasting: Tierra Vegetables makes some delicious hot sauces from the chile peppers they grow. Test your personal heat meter by seeing how far you can go up the Scoville scale of pepper intensity, from fruity sweet to fiery heat.
- 10:30 am: Bread and Butter Pickles Demo: Farmer and preserves maven Casey Havre of Lagier Ranches and Loulou’s Garden will show us how to preserve cucumbers for year-round enjoyment.
- 11:30 am: Fig Conserva Demo: Chef Matthew Dolan of Twenty Five Lusk will show us how to extend the fruits of summer by making a fig conserva.
- 12:30 pm: DIY Pickled Peppers: Visit our DIY pickling station to learn how to make pickled peppers, perfect for tacos, sandwiches, pickle plates, and more. We’ll provide the peppers, brine, and jars, and show you how to do the rest ($5 per jar).
The Yard at Mission Rock is located at the corner of 3rd St. and Terry Francois Blvd., across from AT&T Park. It is accessible by Muni buses 10, 30, 45 and 47, the T-Third Street light rail, and the E-Embarcadero historic streetcar line. Ample parking available in Lot A ($6 for 2 hours for farmers market shoppers).
CUESA farmers markets accept EBT (CalFresh/food stamps). Customers can use their EBT card at the CUESA Info Booth to receive market coins redeemable for food at the market. Customers spending EBT at the market can double their dollars (up to $10 per market day) through the Market Match program, which offers free market coins redeemable only for fruits and vegetables.