Autumn Entertaining: Ferry Plaza Farmers Market Cooking & Cocktail Class
Saturday, November 23, 2019, 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Take your bourbon game and entertaining skills to the next level!
CUESA and Maker’s Mark invite you to the CUESA Kitchen for an afternoon of farm-fresh cocktails in the heart of the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market.
Prepare for a festive holiday season and experiment with bountiful November produce like apples, pears, pomegranates, and persimmons to create delicious cocktails and artisan bites for your fall gatherings. At this one-of-a-kind cooking and cocktail class, you’ll receive hands-on instruction from the dynamic duo behind San Francisco’s Wildhawk, Head Bartender Karri Kiyuna and Chef Chris Kiyuna.
- Toast to the start of the class with a welcome cocktail that you’ll learn how to recreate at home!
- Become a bourbon expert and learn about what distinguishes Maker’s Mark’s bourbon whiskey with a guided tasting
- Learn how to pair peak-season produce with bourbon to create an unforgettable craft cocktail for creation an elegant and impressive cocktail service
- Create an easy, delicious, and restaurant quality picnic spread with unique farmers market ingredients
- Meet your local farmers for an inside look at how to select the most flavorful and delicious fall produce for your libations
- Sip and snack on your creations throughout the class!
For more than a quarter century, CUESA’s mission has been to bring farmers and urban dwellers of all ages together to create a world where fresh, sustainably grown food is at the center of everyone’s plate, and family farming is viable for generations to come. Proceeds from the class provide vital funds for CUESA’s education programs like Foodwise Kids and Foodwise Teens, which empower the next generation of healthy eaters.
About Maker’s Mark
Maker’s Mark is made with soft red winter wheat, instead of the usual rye, for a one-of-a-kind, full-flavored bourbon that’s easy to drink. To ensure consistency, we rotate every barrel by hand and age our bourbon to taste, not time. Each and every bottle of Maker’s is still hand-dipped in our signature red wax at our distillery in Loretto, Ky.
Spirited, lively, and a bit bohemian, Wildhawk is a neighborhood bar on the corner of 19th and Lexington in San Francisco’s mission district. The menu features cheeky cocktails with personality, including a range of vermouth-inspired cocktails, plus beer, wine and bar snacks to accompany your libations. The name Wildhawk was inspired by a European transplant hell-raiser with a firecracker persona named Lola Montez who was referred to often as a “Wildhawk.”
Please note: Must be 21 years to attend. Tickets are nonrefundable but are transferable. Please drink responsibly.
Photo by Drew Beamer